Tips to Remember:
1) Select a pitching wedge, gap wedge, sand wedge or lob wedge depending on the distance of the hole. The shorter the shot, the more lofted club you will need.
2) Open the club-face to 1-2 o’clock position (10-11 o’clock for a left-handed player).
3) Take your grip near the end of the grip handle to allow the club to splash the sand (1-2 inches) before the ball.
4) Open your stance and dig your feet into the sand with the ball forward of your center line.
5) Swing back using a limited amount of shoulder turn and arms and allow your wrists to hinge in an upward motion (Do not shift your weight back).
6) Splash through the sand then turn and face your target. Finish with your hands over your shoulder.
For best results; practice these tips in a green side practice bunker or sign up for a private lesson with Tami Bealert, PGA Director of Golf Instruction, North Shore Country Club, Mequon, WI.